Polish National Credit Union was founded on March 21, 1921 with an initial investment of $325.00 by a group of fifteen (15) Polish immigrants for the purpose of providing a systematic method of savings and low cost loans to all residents of the local community.
The original location was at 222 Exchange Street in Chicopee and the office was shared with a real estate and insurance firm owned by Felix Furtek, the first president of the Polish National Credit Union. In 1942, the Credit Union moved to 228 Exchange Street and then to a new building located at 244 Exchange Street in 1967. The Credit Union acquired Granby Credit Union in 1985 and the Buxton Employees Credit Union in 1989. A new office was built in 1989 at 46 Main Street in Chicopee Falls.
In January 2006 the Credit Union acquired the Westfield River Federal Credit Union. In December 2008 a new full service branch was opened in Southampton, MA. In November, 2010 a new full service branch was opened in Hampden, MA.
Polish National Credit Union is a full service community Credit Union with branches located in Chicopee, Chicopee Falls, Granby, Westfield, Southampton, Hampden and Wilbraham, MA.