Thanks to a downward trend in COVID-19 positivity rates, we are pleased to announce our lobbies have re-opened with with safety guidelines and protocols in place. While this past year has been challenging, we look forward to welcoming everyone back and are excited to see you! Your patience and understanding has been appreciated as we navigated this difficult time together.
Please observe the following safety requirements when visiting a branch:
- If you are feeling sick or have symptoms, please do not enter a branch or ATM vestibule.
- Face masks are required at all times.
- You may be asked to lower your face mask upon entering the branch for identification and security purposes.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
- We will continue to make hand sanitizer available in all of our lobbies, clean high touch areas throughout the day, and perform enhanced cleaning overnight at all of our branches and ATMs.
- Restrooms will not be available to the public.
Alternative Ways To Bank
Like us, you’re probably trying your best to avoid germs and contact. Here are a few ways to bank from home:
1. If you haven’t already, download the PNCU Mobile App from the app store to access your bank accounts anytime, anywhere. Deposit checks using mobile deposit, pay bills, transfer/send money or simply check your balances anytime.
2. Login to online banking from our home page. Not registered for online banking? No worries. Registration is easy and can be done right here.
3. Our Main Office, Front Street, Granby, Wilbraham Offices offer Night Deposit Boxes, where members can securely make deposits outside of normal banking hours.
4. Popmoney® allows members to send and receive payments through their existing online banking account by providing an email address or phone number. Repay a friend, pay for rent, or split the cost of groceries.
5. Add Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay to your mobile device for touchless payment transactions.
Contact Us Through Online & Mobile Banking
Rest assured, our member service representatives are always accessible. To contact a member of our team, please call (413) 592-9495 or send a message through our online form*.
Did you know you can also contact us through the PNCU Mobile App in 3 easy steps?
- Login to online banking through the PNCU Mobile App.
- In the top right corner, click on the icon to open more options.
- Select “Contact Center” to conveniently send messages directly to our team.
*When sending a message through our online contact form, please do not provide personally identifiable information (username, password, account numbers, etc.). You can include personally identifiable information when sending messages through our PNCU Mobile App.
- Unlimited transfers from you Savings Account to Checking Account with no fee.
- Safe Deposit Boxes will be available by appointment only.
- Limited in-person transaction by appointment only.
- If you’re experiencing a hardship, consider Skip A Pay to skip a payment on your consumer loan or give us a call at (413) 592-9495 to discuss other options.
- For a FREE financial counseling session through our partner, GreenPath, call (877) 337-3399.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Small Business Assistance
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Questions and Concerns
Scammers are taking advantage of the spike in electronic transfers of monies and fears surrounding COVID-19. They are setting up websites to sell bogus products, and using fake emails, texts, and social media posts as a ruse to steal your money or collect personally identifiable information.
Fake unemployment claims are being filed using personal information stolen in recent national data breaches. Often, victims learn they have been targeted when they receive letters in the mail about their pandemic unemployment benefits—though they have never filed a claim. Here are some tips:
- Do not click on links from sources you do not know.
- Do not answer the phone for numbers you do not recognize. Chances are if the call is real, the caller will leave a voicemail.
- Keep an eye on emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The emails may contain a virus.
- Do your homework when receiving an email from someone requesting money or claiming to know your loved ones. If they request payment by wiring, electronic transfers or through the purchase of gift cards, it is usually fraud.
As the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to reverberate and disorient the economy and residents of Western, MA we’re prepared to play our role as systemic stabilizers. For the financial health of our members, employees, community and economy at large, we will continue to do business through our drive-up windows, ATMs, call center and online and mobile banking platforms. While branch lobbies are closed until further notice, members can have peace of mind knowing that virtually all banking can be done through the drive-up windows, through our mobile app, online or over the phone quickly and easily.
Besides having navigated recessions, war time, natural disasters and now a global pandemic, we have generations of experience on our side, plus deposits that are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000 and by the Massachusetts Share Insurance Corporation (MSIC) in excess of $250,000. With a strong capital position and superior asset quality, the Polish National Credit Union is positioned to weather this storm. Rest assured, the safest place for your money is inside our financial institution.
While we are hopeful the worst is behind us, PNCU has planned for an acute period of disruption for multiple months, spanning our entire footprint and with a view of all stakeholders. This puts us in a position to control this situation to the best of our ability. We have stress tested our remote capabilities, financials and have laid groundwork for a smooth transition between the present and foreseeable future.
As social distancing measures increase in the coming days, we understand the increased pressure this puts on you and the changes this brings to your everyday life. Our team is here to help our members through whatever the coming weeks and months may bring. We’re encouraging members to check for PNCU updates by visiting www.pncu.com/covid-19 regularly and to give us a call at (413) 592-9495 if you’re experiencing a hardship. Difficult times reveal our true character, our true colors and our ability to do the right thing by our members.
James P. Kelly
President/ Chief Executive Officer