What is CRA?: CRA stands for Community Reinvestment Act. It was enacted in 1977 to encourage financial institutions to help meet the needs of the communities in which we do business.
Why is it important?: PNCU is assigned a CRA rating by regulators who evaluate our level of performance based on the support we provide to our communities, especially low-to-moderate income neighborhoods. One of the following CRA ratings will be assigned after evaluation:
- Outstanding (this is the ideal rating)
- Needs to Improve
- Substantial Noncompliance
How is PNCU evaluated? PNCU is evaluated by size. Based on our size, there are certain evaluation components that are required to receive a rating. As an “intermediate small credit union,” we are tested on our lending and community development habits. This is why it is important for us to capture employee outreach, so please provide as much information as possible.
Is what I’m doing considered “community outreach?”
Let us be the judge. If you’re unsure, submit the form anyways. The CRA Committee will contact you if your submission does not count.
What are some examples of “community outreach?”
- Volunteering your time
- Sponsorship of events
- Committees/ Boards your participate on
- Public Safety Events
- Career Fairs, etc.
Am I limited to entries?
No, any time you volunteer your time, please submit a form. One qualified submission = one entry.
Do I need to submit all the information asked on the form?
We kindly ask that you provide as many details as possible. This way, the regulators can assess our level of involvement accurately.
How it works?
- Submit this form each time you’re representing PNCU out in the community
- The CRA Committee will receive an email with your submission
- The details will be logged and tracked for CRA purposes
- At the end of each quarter, the CRA Committee will meet and draw a name at random. One qualified submission = one entry. The winner will receive $250 in their next paycheck.
- This will run indefinitely.